Please consider working for Weed Control. This is an opportunity for individuals who currently feel "stuck in a rut" with no where to go or advance. Weed Control has entry level positions available to individuals who have no previous experience in this field. Yes, you will start out at the bottom, but real life changing advancement can be achieved by those who stick with it and learn our operations.
Come by and fill out an application. Weed Control, Inc. is located in Roanoke VA, Specifically 2314 Patterson Ave SW. We are on the corner of Patterson Ave and Bridge Street accross the street from Herc Rentals.
Weed Control, Inc. is currently accepting applications for all of the following levels/positions.
* All positions include $90 out of town per diem that is to be used on food. We also cover hotel and fuel expenses.
1. Laborer/Trainees: This is an hourly starting position, Qualifications include but not limited to, 18 years old and an U.S. Citizen. This is an excellent opportunity for self motivated, hardworking individuals who like outdoor work. We are looking for people who can learn to become crew leaders and account managers in the near future. We pay all training and licensing costs. Starting pay $10.00/Hr.
2. Registered Technician “B”: This is an hourly position. Qualifications include 1 plus, being capable of running a second crew (a second crew works under the direct supervision of a Level 3 or higher employee). Must pass Virginia Registered Technician’s test. Starting pay $12.00/Hr
3. Registered Technician “A”: This is a salaried position. Qualified persons will be eligible for the benefits package. Benefits package include paid vacation. Employees can also participate in health, life, dental, and profit sharing programs. Qualifications include 2 plus, being capable of running a lead crew. Ability to complete invoicing paper work and spray reports. Must be able to track chemical inventory and have a complete under-standing of proper chemical use. Knowledge of High Volume, and Low Volume brush spraying. Fixing and maintaining own spray equipment. Example: Backpack sprayer repairs, spray gun repairs, oil changes on hydraulic spray units, truck organization and cleaning. Starting pay $2,250.00/month
4. Commercial Applicator: Qualifications include 3 plus, the ability of running a bareground operation. Must pass Virginia Commercial Applicator’s test (Category 6) . Must have a valid driver’s license. Starting pay $2,500.00/month
*Passing this test also includes a $1,000 bonus.
5. Account Manager: Qualifications include 4 plus, the ability of running and managing multiple crews for bareground and brush applications. Must be well versed in customer relations including job scheduling, chemical recommendations and application recommendations and techniques. Must be able to investigate and settle small claims. Starting pay $2,800.00/month